The Historic Northern Hotel was rebuilt in 1943 after the original hotel, constructed in 1910, was destroyed by fire. For the next three decades, the hotel was the center of Billings nightlife and entertainment. It is a defining feature of the city skyline, overtopped only by the 1975 addition of the Granite Tower. In 2006 the hotel was closed due to concerns about the age of the building and the presence of hazardous materials. In 2009 the hotel was purchased by the Nelson brothers for $2.5 million and the interior was completely demolished and rebuilt with modern amenities and technology.
- Technology Infrastructure
- Converged Network
- Wireless Network
- Structured Cabling
- VoIP Telephony
- Server Room
- Building and Property Management
Working in collaboration with A&E Architects and the owners, RLS was responsible for technical program development for both guest spaces and back office spaces in the hotel. This rebuild of the historic structure included a new technology infrastructure suitable for the modern business traveler. It supports conference and meeting rooms with integrated audiovisual and teleconferencing capability.